Chemical Name: Azidothymidine
Generic Name: Zidovudine
Nick Name: AZT
Brand Name: Retrovir ® (Retrovis ®)
- Celia Farber, 'Sins Of Omission'
- John Lauritsen, 'AZT On Trial'
- Brian Deer, 'Revealed: Fatal flaws of drug that gave hope'
- Elinor Burkett, 'The Queen Of AZT'
- John Lauritsen, 'HIV Voodoo From Burroughs-Wellcome'
- John Lauritsen, 'FDA Has Second Thoughts
- Celia Farber, 'Don't Believe the Hype'
- Meditel, 'AZT Cause For Concern'
- John Lauritsen, 'FDA Documents Show Fraud
in AZT Trials'
- Tom Bethell, 'The Cure That Failed'
- Neville Hodgkinson, 'The Cure That Failed'
- Celia Farber, 'AZT is Death'
- Brian Deer, 'AIDS Doctors Attack Drug Claims'
- Neville Hodgkinson, 'AIDS Hopes Dashed
by Terrible Truth on AZT'
- Neville Hodgkinson, 'Court Battles Launched
Over Anti-AIDS Drug'
- Neenyah Ostrom, 'Nightmare on AZT
- Panorama, 'A Ray Of Hope'
- Celia Farber, 'AZT On Trial'
- Celia Farber, 'AZT Roulette'
The above articles can be read best in sequence
from above to below.
- Note by Papadopulos et al. explaining why AZT can not work against HIV.
- If you decided not to take the treatment, you can use the following documents:
- Should a physician insist that you, or your child, take treatment, insist that they first sign this certificate of treatment efficacy and safety. (If this does not work you still can fire your physician. People flush their drugs down the toilet too, and lie to their physicians.)
- Legal proceedings against Glaxo-Wellcome and Health Authorities are being prepared in the US and Europe. If your health, or that of your partner or child, has also been damaged by AZT, you may be able to sue too. For more information contact Alert.
The label on an AZT bottle from the Sigma Co. The AZT advisory
on the label reads: "TOXIC. Toxic by inhalation, in contact with
skin and if swallowed. Target organ(s): Blood bone marrow. If you feel
unwell, seek medical advice (show the label where possible). Wear suitable
protective clothing." Note the skull and bones on the label; the
indication for a deathly poison (bottle contains only 100 mg, healthy people are prescribed 500 to 1500 mg a day).